|Although I have a
section that describes and explains strip club specific words, my old time
dedicated readers know that I have resisted creating a more general glossary
since the start of the website in 1995. My reasoning was that I wanted to
keep some things on the DL so that only the "in" readers would know what was
being talked about. However, with many new readers coming on-line, I have
decided that it is finally time for a glossary of terms and acronyms to be
spelled out. Of course, some of the more explicit terms will still be left
This list contains terms and acronyms used in my reviews, Bulletin Board
posts as well as in the Chat Room. Some of them are general ones that can be
used elsewhere, others are specific to ASSC and this website. The glossary
of terms is from the ASSC website glossary and the acronyms are mostly from
other lists for the Internet with strip club acronyms added.
If you can't find what you are looking for in here, you might check the
(Originator of terms in parenthesis)
- California penal code for murder.
- California penal code for indecent exposure.
- Air dance (ENGNR1)
- A lap dance with no contact whatsoever.
- (1) alt.sex.strip-clubs, the Usenet newsgroup devoted to discussion of
topics related to strip clubs. (2) If you know what ASSC means, you are a
"member" of this group. (3) A 'force' that is greater than its collective
- ASSCon (ALS)
- Prefix for the name of any ASSC event. ie: ASSCon-1, ASSCon-LV2,
- ATM (DougLee)
- From a dancer's perspective, a strip club customer (i.e., a robotic
device from which to extract money).
- You buy the dancer an overpriced thimbleful of colored soda water, you
sit together in a booth, and you find out what you just paid for. Could be
anything from five minutes of aloof chatting to a half-hour of mutual
groping to your favorite sex act.
- blind lap (Z Bone)
- The SC equivalent of a blind date. A lap dance from a dancer you
haven't seen dance or lap for anyone else.
- bugle boy, half bugle (Z Bone)
- That rare time when a dancer, um, well, when you get a, oh never mind.
I'm not putting that here. Z says it usually happens to GQ-looking ASSCers
only. See also Dispater's Codes under "non-mock
- clubcrud (JasmineTea)
- The stuff strippers need to scrub off their body after a hard nights
- crimson tide
- A week long visit from Aunt Flo.
- customer damage
- Counterpart of "stripper damage". customer damage is caused by chronic
exposure to high concentrations of stripper shit and, unfortunately, can
only be treated with more stripper shit. Compare "stripper damage".
- customer shit (Saxbeat)
- Customer equivalent of stripper shit. See "stripper shit".
- The floater, also called floor manager, is a club employee who keeps
track of the number of private or lap dances the dancer is doing.
Sometimes the floater also checks to make sure the dancer or customer is
not doing anything illegal.
- game boy (DrD)
- get comfortable
- Whipping out the game boy.
- GodziLap (Z Bone/LMR)
- Getting lapped by a Godzilla sized stripper due to the generosity of a
- hood ornament (Bob Smyth)
- Clit ring.
- house fee
- This is the money that the dancer must pay the club (the house) for
the privilege of working there. This amount can vary greatly from
nothing to $60 per shift or more. Some clubs where the dancer is an
independent contractor will call the house fee a "stage fee," to indicate
that they are "renting" the stage from the club.
- Janet Jackson
- During a lap dance, the dancer is facing away from the customer and
the customer covers the dancers breasts with his hands like the
Rolling Stones Magazine.
- K-Mart crowd
- Cheap, non-tipping stage gawkers.
- lap burn (suggested by Pharaoh)
- Similar to a rug burn, caused by numerous or vigorous lap dances.
- lap dancing, laps, lapping
- Giving or receiving lap dances.
- Being tipped-out with lap dances.
- lapsidasical (Eric)
- An uninspired lap dancer.
- Low profile. Not to bring attention to something or someone. E.g., to
keep a lo-pro while the floater walks by the lap area.
- A measure of the nasty factor of a lap dance. High mileage indicates
nastier dances. Saxbeat posted a
mileage scale definition list
which is now located in the "Best of ZBB" section.
- In this context, a customer that doesn't know the ropes and could
easily end up being a PL.
- rock, the (Atomic D0g)
- Your penis; as in "waxing the rock" or "rock polishing." See "game
- saw Paris (Z Bone)
- French kissing or mild entry of dancer's tongue in and around the
customer's lips or mouth.
- Saxbeat Epiphany (DrD)
- An anxiety attack in which the victim not only wants to stop clubbing,
but meets the Buddha on the road.
- Saxtal (ALS)
- As in "going Saxtal". Kind of like going postal. The state of anxiety
leading up to a Saxbeat Epiphany.
- A group of songs played together for the dancer to dance to. In
nude clubs in Los Angeles,
the typical set is 2 songs. The dancer will take the top or bottom off on
the first song, then the other item on the second song.
Topless clubs usually
take nothing off on the first song and the top on the second song.
If a club plays more than 2 songs per set, this usually indicates that
there are not enough dancers and they must fill in the time by making a
dancer dance longer.
This term comes from musicians who also play "sets" of songs.
- shift happens (Bubba)
- Whenever a fave dancer does not appear on her regularly scheduled day
- shill (Saxbeat)
- When refering to a person, Saxbeat explains the word this way: "There
are a lot of guys who work for clubs posing as members of the clubbing
public for the purpose of making false club recommendations and fooling
guys into going to their clubs. Guys who do this are what I call
'shills.'" Shills often forget to mention the city the club is in, but
always include a phone number, sometimes without the area code.
- shill (Saxbeat)
- When refering to a post, A glowing but ambiguous review for a club
re-posted three times a day for a week in order to lure "other" customers
into a club recognized by:
- Being in ALL UPPERCASE TYPE.
- Being riddled with superlatives.
- Excessive exclamation points.
- An unbelievable number of misspellings.
- Grammatical idiocy.
- Ridiculous claims, such as: "FOR A DOLLAR, THEY WILL PULL IT OUT AND
BLOW YOU RIGHT THERE!!!!!"
- shilling (Saxbeat)
- The reprehensible act of posting a shill, often followed immediately
- shillmarks (Idleeric)
- Warning signs that a post or poster is a potential shill. See "shill".
- Snaggy (Siren)
- Sensitive New-Age Guys; i.e., males who are annoyingly sensitive.
LMR adds: it's what every woman claims to want in a man, but wouldn't
hesitate 2 seconds to toss him out the door for a hardcore asshole.
- Emotionally weak guys who would do just about anything for a woman.
See also "pathetic loser".
- snappy (Siren)
- Sensitive New-Age Pussy.
- stage inflation (LMR)
- When customers at the stage start tipping more because other customers
are tipping more.
- Stevie Wonder (Z Bone)
- The moving of the head of the customer during a lap dance whereupon
the head moves left and right involuntarily because of the dancer's
movements or because the customer elects to chase the nipples.
- stick shifting (Z Bone)
- This is when the dancer grabs your game boy with her hand and moves it
- stripper damage
- The negative psychological impact of the biz on a dancer, leading to
drinking, drugs, unhappiness, or long hours of therapy.
- stripper shit (Dunk On You)
- Teasing methods to induce arousal and cash spewing. Stripper shit
includes things like rubbing her leg on yours, fingernails running up and
down your leg very gently, crossing her legs so the top leg is on top of
yours, standing next to you and partially straddling your leg, etc. PLs
enjoy stripper shit.
- A condom.
- Trolling or "to troll"
- "Trolling" comes from the Internet Usenet Newsgroups and is used to
describe a post which is used as "bait" to cause another poster to get
upset and reply to a post which is basically a joke and intended that way.
Basically, it's a post to create more posts by causing some disturbance on
- Yiddish for ass. For other Yiddish words, see the
Yiddish Glossary by TPFKAC.
- White Knight (DougLee)
- Insane customer trying vainly to save a dancer from drugs, BF, etc.
- X-Factor (Alan Bostick)
- Attitude and other unexplainable attractions. "She can convince me
that spending time with her is the sexiest thing I could imagine doing..."
- Derived from "Z Bone Convention" where customers, dancers, and Z Bone
website readers get together to a meet and greet. Originally, ASSCon was
the get together for ASSCers but ZCons are specifically for Z Posse
- Z Posse
- Anyone who enjoys the Z Bone website and has supported it by posting
messages, emailing reviews, buying Z-shirts or attending a ZCon.
- As far as I know.
- Away from keyboard.
- Also know as.
- As soon as possible.
- ATF (ALS)
- All time favorite stripper.
- Back at keyboard.
- Be back later.
- Be back soon.
- Be seeing you.
- Bye for now.
- Be right back.
- Been there done that.
- By the way.
- BYOD (ALS)
- Bring your own dancer.
- CF (JW)
- Current favorite stripper.
- City of Industry.
- See you.
- See you later.
- Down low. To keep the situation or topic of conversation a secret or
to hide it from view. Often used when describing high mileage dancers or
- DOM (Z Bone)
- Dancer of the Month.
- DP (Z Bone)
- Dancer politics. Any type of crap between dancers or a dancer and a
customer involving tipping, not getting laps from other dancers, taking
away customers, being a regular, etc.
- Don't you just hate it when...
- Evil grin.
- Frequently asked question.
- F*cked up beyond all recognition.
- F*ck off and die. A term of endearment.
- For what it's worth.
- For your amusement.
- For your information.
- Girlfriend experience. The actual definition varies as it
pertains to escorts but the idea is that your experience would be as if
you were with your girlfriend. Normally, for lap dances, this would
mean kissing and close contact.
- Ha ha, only joking.
- Ha ha, only serious.
- Hate it when that happens.
- High mileage. The actual definition
varies but this is the lowest ranking below UHM and
- HMS (Bubba)
- The High Mileage Seat at a strip club. This is usually near a pole but
it may also be a corner seat or a spot in a darker area.
- Hawaii Theatre.
- In any case.
- I am not a lawyer.
- In my humble opinion.
- In my not so humble opinion.
- In my opinion.
- In other words.
- In search of.
- If you know what I mean.
- Just a minute.
- Laughing my a** off.
- Laughing out loud.
- Members of the opposite sex.
- Naked in front of computer.
- No f*cking way.
- Oh, I see.
- On the other hand.
- PL (Siren)
- Pathetic loser. Saxbeat adds, "Someone who comes to ASSC for advice on
his (or her) love life."
- Pardon me, jumping in.
- Pardon me for jumping in.
- Pain in the a**.
- RFC (Bubba)
- Runway Front-Center.
- Rolling on floor laughing.
- Rolling on the floor laughing.
- Roll on the floor laughing my a** off.
- Read The F*cking FAQ.
- Strip club.
- Situation normal, all f*cked up.
- Strip Joint,
- Significant other.
- Sh*t outta luck.
- Spearmint Rhino
at Industry. Other cities are "O" for Oxnard, "VN" for Van Nuys, "R" for
Rialto, "DT" for downtown.
- Shut the f*ck up.
- Thank god it's Friday.
- Thanks in advance.
- Tongue in cheek.
- The dancer formally known as...
- The poster formally known as...
- Tropical Lei.
- Ultra high mileage. The actual definition can vary but this is
the highest level you can achieve.
- Very high mileage. The actual definition can vary but this is
second highest level you can achieve below UHM.
- Very evil grin.
- What the f*ck?
- You know you've been clubbing too long when...
- Your mileage may vary.
- Your mileage will vary.